Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this page.
Landmark deal to protect Canada Great Bear rainforest
A new deal has been made to protect one of the world's last remaining temperate rainforests.
Read this article about it and then answer the following questions:
1) How many aboriginal groups live there?
2) How long have negotiations taken?
3) What is the spirit bear also known as?
4) How big is the rainforest habitat?
5) True or false: when the bears catch salmon they eat them by the river
We had a video lesson on the salmon in the forest two years ago.
2) Ten years
3) Kermode bear
4) 32,000 sq km (12,000 sq miles)
5) False (they take them into the forest)