Looking at numbers
Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
Saving energy - and saving money. How can we do it?
Here is an article looking at how the average household could save plenty of both.
Read the article and then answer the following questions:
1) How much is the average energy bill? (according to Ofgen - the UK energy regulator)
2) How much could you save by turning down your thermostat by one degree?
3) How much could you save by turning off electrical appliances?
4) What temperature should your washing machine be?
5) How much money could an eco-showerhead save?
2) £65 per year
3) Between £50 and £90 a year
5) £75 a year