Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exerciseThe European Environment Agency has published it's 2103 Report on Air Quality in Europe.
Read this article about the report and then answer the following questions:
1) Which pollutants have been cut by nations?
2) How much of the EU's population is exposed to high levels of fine particulate matter?
3) What effect is air pollution having on ecosystems?
4) True or false: EU limits for fine particulate matter are lower than WHO guidelines
5) Where do these microscopic particles come from?
1) Sulphur dioxide, lead and carbon monoxide.
2) 96% of its urban population.
3) Impairing vegetation growth and harming biodiversity.
4) False - they are twice as high.
5) A range of sources, including road traffic emissions.