Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
Scientists are testing different ways of making electricity from the energy in the oceans.
Here is a short (three minute) video about wave energy.
Watch the video and then answer the following questions (focussing on numbers):
1) By when does Scotland aim to take all of its electricity from renewable sources (00:13 seconds into the video)?
2) By next year, how many homes will be powered by the device being tested (00:40)?
3) According to Neil Kermode, how much of the UK's electricity supply could be met with this technology (01:24)?
4) How many people visit the Orkneys every year (01:40)?
5) How many people does Bryan Rendell now employ (02:32)?