Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
Pollution from plastic waste is affecting lakes as well as oceans.
Read this article about the problem, then answer the following questions:
1) Where is Lake Garda?
2) Why are the researchers concerned about tiny plastic particles?
3) Why do organisms eat the plastic?
4) What are the main sources of waste in Lake Garda?
5) What are the implications of this plastic waste for humans?
2) They are accumulating in fresh water species and could get into the food chain
3) They mistake them for food
4) Water sports, tourist and fishing boats, discarded plastic products and landfill sites
5)The waters are used for drinking and agriculture