Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
On the day of global climate strike, Germany has agreed to set a price on carbon emissions.
Read this article about it and answer the following questions, which focus on numbers.
1) How much does the new climate deal cost? (In pounds please!)
2) What is the 2030 climate target?
3) How many protesters were estimated in Berlin?
4) What is the current cost of carbon under the EU scheme?
5) How long was the 'climate cabinet' in talks for?
Bonus question - what is the population density in Germany? (you will have to do a bit of extra research for this one!)
1) £48bn (''forty-eight billion pounds'')
2) Cutting green house gases by 55% (''fifty-five per cent'') on 1990 (''nineteen-ninety'') levels
3) 270,000 (''two hundred and seventy thousand'')
4) € 26.30 (''twenty-six Euros and thirty cents'') per tonne of CO2
5) 19 (''nineteen'') hours
232/km2 (two hundred and thirty-two per kilometre squared / square kilometre)