Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
I want to plant a million treesHere is a short video (2 minutes) about a Canadian who is planting thousands of trees in the United Kingdom.
Watch it, then answer the following questions:
1) How many trees can Shelby plant in a day*?
2) How many trees has she planted so far?
3) How many trees does the UK government want to plant?
4) What time does she start planting?
5) How much is Shelby paid per tree?
Bonus question - what are the tallest trees in the world? (You may have to do some extra research for this question!)
*This question has changed (sorry, I put in a year originally)
2) Half a million
3) An extra 30 million per year
4) 07:30, seven thirty in the morning, 7:30 am
5) 7p (seven pence)
Bonus question - coast redwood (Sequoia sempervirens) 115.92m