Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
White winters in Czechia to become increasingly rareHere is a short listening (3 minutes) from Radio Prague about how climate change is affecting winters in the Czech Republic.
Have a listen, then answer the following questions:
1) What has the temperature in the Czech Republic in recent days?
2) When was the last really cold winter in the Czech Republic?
3) What was the following winter like?
4) How much has traditional winter weather dropped by in the last 20 years?
5) Why is snow so important in the lowlands?
Bonus question - how high is the highest peak in the Czech Republic? (You will have to do a bit of extra research for this one!)
1) Well above ten degrees Celcius
3) One of the warmest ever recorded
4) Abour 35%
5) It replenished groundwater and protects crops against frost
Sněžka is 1603 m (5259 ft)