Please use the 'Print Friendly' icon if you are going to print this lesson.
Check this vocabulary before reading the article. Match the word on the left with the definition on the right:
2. lead B. the dead body of an animal:
3. carcass C. the decaying flesh of dead animals
4. scavenger D. a soft, heavy, ductile bluish-grey metal (Symbol: )
5. carrion E. an animal that feeds on carrion, dead plant material, or refuse
6. copper F. a small part broken off or separated from something
Definition from OxfordDictionaries.com
Now read the article about a threat to rare Californian Condors and then answer the following questions:
1) How many condors have died in the Grand Canyon area since December?
2) How many birds have been reintroduced in Arizona and Utah?
3) How many of them have died from eating lead fragments?
4) What does the Arizona Game and Fishing Department give away free?
5) Who does Sandy Bahr work for?
3) At least 38
4) Copper ammunition
5) The Sierra Club