Please click the 'Print friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
Can Germany afford it's renewable energy policy?
Here is an interesting article which discusses the issue.
Read the article and then answer these questions:
1) How many renewable energy producers are there in Germany?
2) What is 'energiewende'?
3) Why did German CO2 emissions go up in 2012?
4) In 2012 how much of the UK's energy came from photovoltaics?
5) By 2050 the German government wants to cut electricity consumption by how much?
1) 1.3 million
2) Energy transformation
3) Increased use of brown coal
4) 1.8GW or 2%