Please click the 'Print friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
The UK Environment Agency has compiled a list of the top ten invasive species.
Read this short photo article about them and then answer the following questions:
1) Why is Giant Hogweed a problem?
2) Where did American Mink escape from?
3) How much damage does Japanese Knotweed cause every year?
4) What is Dikerogammarus villosus better known as?
5) How tall can Himalayan Balsam grow?
1) The sap can cause blisters on human skin.
2) Fur farms.
3) 150 million pounds.
4) Killer shrimp
5) 3 metres