Looking at numbers
Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exerciseUsing Google Earth, a team at Maryland University have produced a high-resolution map of global forest loss and gain.
Read this article about it and then answer the following questions:
1) What is the maximum resolution of the map?
2) How many images were taken to make the map?
3) How much tree cover was lost on Earth between 2000 and 2012?
4) How big was Indonesia's annual loss?
5) By how much is tropical forest loss increasing per year?
1) 30 metres
3) 2.3m km2 or sq km (m = million) (km2 or sq km = square kilometres)
4) 20,000 km2
5) 2,100 km2