Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
Here is a great, short (two-minute) video from BBC Weather explaining how radiation fog forms.
Watch the video and then answer the following questions:
1) True or false: you normally need low pressure for fog to form
2) Which two crucial mechanisms are needed for fog to form?
3) What happens to the heat in the soil when the sun goes down?
4) What happens when the dew point of the air matches the temperature of the air?
5) What can make the fog disappear again?
1) False: you normally need high pressure
2) Clear skies, light wind
3) It radiates away
4) Fog forms
5) The sun coming out and heating up the air