Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon below if you want to print this exercise
Surprisingly, the UK uses less energy now than it did in the 1970s. But how much does it use and where does it come from?
Read this article and then answer the following questions:
1) Why is the UK using less energy now?
2) How many more cars are there in the UK now compared to 1970?
3) Why was there a big fall in coal and oil in the 1990s?
4) When will power stations with CCS start operating?
5) What will be the biggest source of electricity in 2030?
1) It is more efficient at producing and using energy
2) 27 million compared with 10 million
3) Because of the 'dash for gas'