Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
Here is another great TED talk.
This time it is about growing trees anywhere.
Remember, you can turn on subtitles and view the transcript of the talk.
Watch the video (four minutes) and then answer these questions:
1) Why did Dr. Akira Miyawaki visit the Toyota factory?
2) What benefits did Shubhendu Sharma get from his garden forest after two years?
3) How many trees can they plant in an area of six cars?
4) How does he stop irrigation water from evaporating?
5) How is Shubhendu Sharma going to share his methodology?
1) To make a forest in it to make it carbon neutral.
2) The groundwater didn't dry in summer, bird species doubled, quality of air improved, harvested fruits.
4) Grass or rice straw covers the soil.
5) Using an open-source internet platform.