Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
The world's river deltas are under threat. Read this article to find out why.
When you have read the article, answer the following questions:
1) Why are deltas under threat?
2) How many people live in deltas?
3) How are deltas formed?
4) Which delta is the most extensive wetland in the EU?
5) True or false: the UK has many deltas?
1) Rising sea levels and river engineering
2) 0.5 bn (half a billion)
3) Rivers depositing sediment faster than the sea can remove it
4) The Danube delta