Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
Do you know what wastewater is and how it is treated? Here is a great article about it.
Read the article and then answer the following questions:
1) What is wastewater?
2) Why do we need to treat it?
3) What three types of process can be used to treat wastewater?
4) In India, what is the main focus of water pollution control?
5) In India, which simple techniques can save thousands of lives?
1) Water which is polluted, contaminated or affected in quality
2) So that it can meet quality standards
3) Physical, chemical and biological
4) Controlling waterborne diseases
5) Filtration and chlorination