Please click the 'Print Friendly' icon at the bottom of the page if you want to print this exercise.
Many people have made a new year's resolution to fly less so they can reduce their carbon footprint.
But how do other forms of transport effect the environment?
Read this BBC article about it and answer the following questions:
1) How much does the aviation industry contribute to global carbon emissions?
2) Which form of transport emits forty-one grams of CO2 per kilometre travelled?
3) Germany has announced it will cut rail fares by how much?
4) When does Austria aim to be carbon-neutral?
5) How long did it take Elias Bohun to travel to Vietnam?
Bonus question - how many people fly every year? (You will have to do a bit of extra research for this one!)
1) About 2% of the total
2) Domestic rail
5) 16 days
The IATA said that in 2017 the number of air passengers exceeded four billion for the first time. Recently monthly figures show a rise of over 3% compared to the same month last year.